Monday 22 December 2014

Anti Child Abuse



It is now or never that education on child abuse should become even a mandatory subject that schools, caregivers and even parents have to learn along with children from a small age.
Too many child abusers are getting away with serious offences and live in their comfort zone, even having excuses and blaming the child as to be the one with a problem, thus trying to qualify their horrendous deeds.

Nope. An adult should know better - that their maltreatment and abuse of a child is the problem and they have to take responsibility.

This education should have as goal especially to create awareness and to develop a child's confidence to speak when they feel threatened and unhappy about something. It can be that which is against themselves as well as anything happening to another kid they know.

Adult people really also need to get more involved - see when something spooks a child for there will be a valid reason. Is your child scared or jumpy about something that you don’t understand? Reluctant to do specific things, change of behaviour? Speak to your child, let your child feel safe to talk to you.

Even the kids that are not targeted might know what is going on but they're too scared to tell and therefore have to live with this horror story going on in real life. The abuser will target one child - yet – some kids that are favoured actually do suffer immensely and most will also develop learning and social problems.

I've seen this happening a few times, the first time in my very young childhood days I experienced a mother treating her little girl very badly, and her son was everything to her. The poor elder brother suffered far more because he felt responsible to protect his little sister but had no power against the mother’s manipulation to do so.

This little boy would take care of his little sister in all other ways possible, protecting her and comforting her when she was crying with pain after being beaten up. He knew the truth and knew that it was wrong and that his little sister didn't deserve the punishment.

But the poor brother developed immense hang ups, he never developed a strong attitude where he could actually take a stand for what was right or wrong. He remained wary and scared for the rest of his life, right into adulthood. And, since he was the mother’s favourite, she was kind to him and in a way could manipulate him, lie to him and misguided him terribly. He never became like her, but he became reckless in a way which sadly caused his death.

Further on, I've also even seen how a teacher would be picking on one child and the other kids became petrified and wouldn't have success in her classes. Many kids failed the year they were with her.

This teacher was wicked. I could never understand why she’d leash out at a child that could not cope with a lesson, rather than helping the child. We had sewing lessons from her. One day during class she grabbed a kid and flung her over her desk.

That day I knew it is a teacher that deserves no respect. Ever since I’d only pretended I’m - sewing. I hated her for what she did to the other girl. (Though it never stopped me from becoming a daft hand in sewing, I love designing my own clothes and make it.) That daft teacher could not kill my spirit, but she killed my respect for her.


Well, those were lessons in a lesson. Some adults have no responsibility to care for kids. I learned it early and it helped me to cope during my later years.
 
Then, when I became a mom, I also noticed with my own child how she couldn't stand teachers who favoured her but they would be terribly nasty to another child - I am thankful that I could teach my kid proper values and she would take her stand against what is wrong. People can be educated in these things. Even small children.

It is a horror in society nowadays where more and more adult folks cannot cope with simple things and rather take it out on children. Such people should never work with kids, probably not even with other people. But why did they choose such a career? Goodness knows, maybe it was the only option but then they should have known better than to become child abusers.

Regardless it being the only option, good values have to be maintained. When you work with kids, you have to be an impeccable example to help raising an impeccable future adult You will get old, will need those who you helped to raise.

Alas, some don’t see it this way. They live for today to take revenge on an innocent child.

Even little babies are abused in a crèche, these evil people exist all over the world.

Educating other kids in this regard is wise. Let kids feel free to report when something is not right, even if it is not against them. No child deserves to feel that she is being intimidated. Right is right, wrong is wrong. SPEAK child, speak when you see something is not right.

The only answer I can think of that would solve a major if not the whole problem of this kind of situation, is when education about child abuse can become a mandatory subject where kids, care givers, educators and parents are ‘forced’ to take part in, earn a certificate of competence as proof that they can actually act to the benefit of that child.

My child, I know your years, I’ve been there.

I’ve seen, I’ve lived. I know the life of a child because I was a child before.

No comments:

Post a Comment